Uniting Waverley re-development
Building a bright future at Uniting Waverley
Uniting has been providing community health and aged care services at the War Memorial Hospital site at Waverley for almost 100 years. As one of the largest not-for-profit community service providers in NSW and the ACT, we aim to offer extensive, integrated health programs to the local community in welcoming, comfortable spaces. Reconsidering the site will mean we’ll be able to provide these important health and care facilities well into the future.
The principles behind our vision
When developing the vision for the site, a number of principles were central to our design decisions:
- Creating a heart that draws in all parts of the site
- Designing a cohesive space that connects well to the surrounding areas
- Building a home for the extensive range of community and health services we want to provide for residents
- Respecting and conserving the heritage landscape spaces and buildings, invigorating them to serve the community
- Responding to the “Living Longer, Living Better” aged care reform policy
These proposed principles create new connections through the site. They identify new development areas and provide stronger, active street edges. They also support a wide range of uses, and have the ability to adapt over time to our work with the community.
Planning for the future
We’ve prepared an initial planning proposal with a master plan to amend the Local Environmental Plan. At this stage we’re considering all options, and welcome input from everyone that might be affected. The master plan is not for construction works, or for the development of any buildings. It’s just the first step in a lengthy process that will guide the development of Uniting Waverley over the long term. Any future development work will be subject to the normal planning process. This includes the preparation and approval of Development Applications (DAs) for the design construction of any new buildings.
Have your say
At Uniting, we believe in open and genuine engagement with the community and we’re committed to working closely with you to develop contemporary services that meet local needs now and in the future. We’d love to hear what you think about our plans, and there are two main ways you can participate.
- Send your feedback directly to us by calling 1800 864 846 or by email
- Contribute via the usual planning process by giving feedback to council at various stages once the planning proposal is lodged.