NDIS Local Area Coordination
Join the NDIS Local Area Coordination (LAC) Uniting Team
Uniting is a NDIS LAC Partner delivering NDIS Local Area Coordination services in NSW during the transition period from January 2016 – June 2018.
We are on the hunt for people with energy and commitment to help us with the roll out of Local Area Coordination Transition Services. This team will work with people with disability and their families to help them get the most out of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
The districts we cover include:
- Northern Sydney
- Western Sydney
- Nepean/Blue Mountains
- Southern NSW
- Illawarra/Shoalhaven (new region opening early 2017).
Our Team Leaders will be responsible for coaching, guiding and managing a team of Local Area Coordinators within local government areas. They’ll help with creating a culture that empowers people with disability to exercise choice and control over how they live their lives, as well as promote innovation when it comes to the delivery of our LAC services.
Workplace Learning Coaches
Our Workplace Learning Coaches will be responsible for the ongoing training and professional development of our LAC services team, working alongside the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) to build knowledge and capability.
Local Area Coordinators (LACs)
Local Area Coordinators will be our frontline team, using their local community knowledge and person-centred approach to enable people with disability to live the life they choose. Our LACs will help prospective NDIS participants to engage with the scheme, work with participants to design and implement individual plans, complete plan reviews, and build community inclusion and capacity.
District Support Officers
These roles will provide administrative and event support to our district teams. We’ll also be looking for a Senior District Support Officer who will take responsibility of the administrative tasks and supervise the administration team in the project.
Why work for us
- We are a values driven organisation that works with a clear purpose to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
- We’re a family-friendly workplace that values innovation, great ideas and passion for what we do.
- We value diversity and welcome expressions of interest from people with disabilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people who identity as LGBTI and people with diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
- As a not-for-profit, our salary packaging options will save you tax, including $15,900 tax free and options to claim dine-in meals and accommodation.
- We’ll support your development with access to our online learning system and the Uniting Institute of Education (our Registered Training Organisation).
To enquire about opportunities in the Local Area Coordination team, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org