Accommodation for patients and carers
Elizabeth Hunter Lodge – Waverley
Travelling a long distance for treatment can be stressful enough without having to worry about accommodation.
Elizabeth Hunter Lodge offers accommodation options for you, your family members or carers when you are travelling to visit a Sydney hospital, clinic or medical specialist.
Where you can find us
Elizabeth Hunter Lodge is located in the grounds of War Memorial Hospital, on the corner of Birrell Street and Carrington Road, Waverley. It is ideally positioned within the Eastern Suburbs rail and bus transport network, with easy access to major hospitals and treatment centres. The lodge is also a short walk from a large shopping and services precinct at Bondi Junction, restaurants, cafes, clubs, Centennial Park and the Eastern Sydney beaches.
A ‘home away from home’
There are three accommodation types offered at Elizabeth Hunter Lodge:
- Single and twin rooms across two buildings – ‘The Lodge’ and ‘The Cottage’. Just like home, each room contains a single bed(s), wardrobe, fridge/freezer, TV, heater and ceiling fan. Linen, blankets, pillows and towels are provided. Bathroom and kitchen facilities are shared.
- One self-contained unit is available. This has a twin bedroom, combined lounge/dining, sofa bed, bathroom, kitchenette and balcony. The unit is suited to a maximum of three (3) people and may be rented for a minimum of one week.
- Two bedroom self-contained apartments are available for a minimum rental of two weeks and are suitable for up to five guests. Accommodation comprises double bedroom, twin bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, combined lounge/dining, sofa bed and balcony.
The little extras
- Secure accommodation with 24 hour check-in
- Linen, blankets, pillows and towels are provided for your stay
- Enjoy self-serve toast, cereal breakfast and 24-hour coffee and tea which is included in your room price (excludes apartments).
Important things you need to know
- Guests must abide by the NSW Health Department ‘No Smoking’ Policy and the Elizabeth Hunter Lodge Code of Conduct
- Guests must be fully capable of living independently and manage their own meals, mobility, transport and personal care as the lodge is not staffed by hospital, medical or nursing professionals
- A deposit or bond payment is required at check-in
- Six rooms at the lodge are standard wheelchair accessible
- Rooms are not serviced; as such guests are asked to change their own linen and keep the lodge clean and tidy for others to enjoy
- Children aged 13 years and under are only permitted to stay in the self-contained apartments.
|Lodge/Cottage single room||$65*|
|Lodge/Cottage twin room||$85*|
|Lodge self contained unit (minimum stay 1 week)||$100*|
|Two bedroom apartments (minimum stay 2 weeks)||$115* + bond|
* Rate per night.
Elizabeth Hunter Lodge accepts debit or credit cards, cash or cheques and two night’s deposit must be paid at check-in. Accounts must be settled in full before you depart, unless bulk billing applies.
Bulk billing may be available (for instance, through the NSW Isolated Patients Travel and Accommodation Assistance Scheme) to eligible guests. Any application for bulk billing should be discussed with the Manager prior to arrival.
Parking is available in a designated area on the War Memorial Hospital campus. Fees are $20 (total) for 1-3 nights stay or $40 (total) for 4-7 nights stay.
To find out more and make a booking contact:
Monday to Friday from 8.00am to 4.00pm
P: (02) 9369 0307
F: (02) 9389 5313