There may be times when you don’t quite feel like yourself.
If you’re a senior who is a patient of War Memorial Hospital and feel that it would be helpful to get in contact with a professional for a psychological assessment and/or therapy service, we can help.
How we can help
- Providing clinical psychology assessments and treatment for anxiety and depression that may accompany medical conditions such as Parkinson’s disease, dementia, stroke, pain related conditions and carer stress
- Teaching cognitive-behavioural coping strategies and supporting people caring for a family member with dementia
- Providing neuropsychological assessment for dementia, cognitive functioning and progression of symptoms
- Assessing strengths and weaknesses in cognition as an aid to rehabilitation
- Assessing people referred to the Parkinson’s disease clinic.
Following assessment by one of our geriatricians, a medical referral will be required. To arrange this, please discuss with your general practitioner.
You can also contact the Northern Network Access Referral Centre (NNARC) for a referral. Phone: 9369 0400.
Get in touch
We’d love to hear from you.
War Memorial Hospital
125 Birrell St, Waverley NSW 2024
Call us on (02) 9369 0100
This service operates in the War Memorial Hospital, Morgan Building, Ground Floor – Outpatients Department.