Clinical services and specialties
Specialists in rehabilitation
Uniting War Memorial Hospital is a public hospital specialising in aged care rehabilitation and assessment for people over the age of 65.
The hospital is conveniently located within a 10 minute drive from Sydney’s city centre, or a 10 minute walk from the Bondi Junction railway station. It is well served by two major bus routes, and is only minutes from the eastern suburbs beaches and Centennial Park.
- Aquatic physiotherapy / hydrotherapy
- Bone and joint clinic
- Carers group
- Clinical psychology
- Communication therapy group programs (focusing on aphasia, dysarthria, dyspraxia, chronic severe communication impairments, facilitated communication and parkinson’s disease)
- Community independence group
- Continence clinic
- Day centre - offering structured individual and small group activities (for seniors and people living with dementia)
- Falls assessment and injury prevention clinic
- Geriatric medical assessment service
- Health promotion groups and programs (including ‘lite and ezy’ exercise program, 'stepping out' falls prevention program and ‘walkwell’ group program of supervised walks)
- Move and stay well exercise program
- Occupational therapy
- Parkinson’s disease information program
- Parkinson’s disease multidisciplinary assessment clinic and services - also suitable for people with chronic neurological conditions requiring multidisciplinary assessment
- Podiatry services
- Rehabilitation unit
- Social work
- Speech pathology
- Stress management program
- Transitional aged care packages
- Waverley aged care assessment team (ACAT)
Get in touch
We’d love to hear from you.
War Memorial Hospital
125 Birrell St, Waverley NSW 2024
Call us on (02) 9369 0100
For medical record or medico-legal enquiries, please call and ask for the medical records office.
Uniting War Memorial Hospital is an affiliated hospital under the governance of Uniting.
The Hospital campus also accommodates the South Eastern Sydney Local Health District and University of Technology Sydney Health and Ageing Research Unit, Prince of Wales Hospital Home Dialysis services and Elizabeth Hunter Lodge partner accommodation unit.
We have strong clinical links with St Vincent's Hospital and the Prince of Wales Hospital.
Education and research matters at Uniting. We regularly participate in tertiary projects to ensure our services are state of the art and worldwide practices are advanced. We proudly support tertiary students in their training.