Help with communicating
If you are over 60 years and have difficulty communicating or with swallowing, our speech pathology team offers diagnosis, management and rehabilitation services.
How we can help
- Comprehensive assessments of communication and / or swallowing
- Assessment and treatment of oropharyngeal swallowing problems
- Support for clients and carers in adapting to limitations
- Alternative non-verbal communication systems as required
- Inpatient and outpatient individual treatment sessions
- Group programs for clients with aphasia, dysarthria, verbal dyspraxia or voice problems
- Help with improving communication following a diagnosis of neurological conditions such as stroke and Parkinson’s disease.
Referrals can be made by yourself or by a doctor, health professional, ACAT, relative or friend. Call the Northern Network Access Referral Centre (NNARC) on (02) 9369 0400.
Get in touch
For information on services and groups available, call the Speech Pathology Department at Uniting War Memorial Hospital on (02) 9369 0100.