Younger onset dementia program
Join our community
If you are aged between 45 and 65 years, and have been diagnosed with dementia, you are invited to join our supportive community.
We support you to enjoy life and stay active, healthy and social through a range of activities.
Our aim is to have some fun while boosting your well-being and independence. Join the group on a Monday or Friday.
There is no fee to attend the program, however you will need to buy your own lunch and refreshments.
Special events, outings or activities may also incur a cost but we will keep you informed of these.
If you live in the Woollahra, Waverley, Randwick, Botany Bay or City of Sydney Local Government Area and:
- Are aged between 45 and 65
- Were diagnosed with dementia before the age of 65
- Have a letter from your doctor confirming diagnosis
- Can manage your own personal care and administer your own medication (if required)
- Are able to walk independently
- Have your own transport to get to and from War Memorial Hospital.
We’d love you to find out more. You can enquire for yourself or a referral can be made by your doctor, health professional, a carer or a loved one.
Get in touch
Call the Northern Network Access Referral Centre (NNARC) on (02) 9369 0400.
If you would like more information regarding the Younger Onset Dementia Program, please contact the Program Coordinator on (02) 9369 0287.
This service operates at Cadi Cottage in the grounds of War Memorial Hospital and in the community.