Terms and conditions
Retirement living - 31 December offer
31 December offer – terms and conditions
Receive $5,000 towards removal costs and a $5,000 reimbursement of recurrent charges in the first year at Uniting Mawarra West Pennant Hills and Uniting Kentgrove Kenthurst over-55s villages. For a limited time only, so please book an inspection today.
Terms and conditions
- The offer applies to any purchase of any Uniting villa or apartment at the following villages only:
Uniting Mawarra West Pennant Hills and
Uniting Kentgrove Kenthurst.
- Agreement to purchase must be signed before December 31.
- The offer applies to any size unit or villa at the villages in (1).
- The $5000 towards removalist costs means that Uniting pays a removal company engaged by Uniting up to $5000 for packing, moving and unpacking, including insurance. If the costs exceed $5000, the purchaser pays the balance over $5000. Uniting will agree all additional costs with a purchaser prior to removal.
- With regards to the $5000 off recurrent fees or service charges, the payment will still apply in respect of recurrent fees or service charges and Uniting will then reimburse recurrent or village service fees every 90 days until the reimbursed total reaches a value of $5000.
- Valid until 31 December 2017 only.
Residential aged care - Continuity of service offer
Continuity of service offer – terms and conditions
- Instructions on how to enter and receive the Continuity of Service Offer from Uniting (“Offer”) forms part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in the Offer is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Offer commences at 9.00am on Friday, 1 December 2017 and ends at 5.00pm 30 June 2018 (“Offer Period”). Uniting may extend or terminate the Offer Period in its sole discretion.
- This Offer is open only to individuals who have been assessed under the Aged Care Act as eligible to receive Residential Care Services and are currently residing in a retirement village in New South Wales or the Australian Capital Territory that is owned or operated by Uniting or are currently receiving home and community care services from Uniting (“Eligible Clients”).
- During the Offer Period, Eligible Clients who are assessed by the Australian Government as having the means to pay the Advertised Accommodation Price for any Accommodation in any Residential Care Service operated by Uniting, have the opportunity to obtain a 20% discount on the Advertised Accommodation Price.
- Individuals who are assessed by the Australian Government as low means, will be advised by the Department of Human Services of the applicable Accommodation Contribution (if any) once formal confirmation of their means is received. In this case the Accommodation Contribution will apply as notified but will be capped at no more than the equivalent value of the 20% of the Advertised Accommodation Price.
- The Offer applies to Accommodation Payments only and does not apply to any other daily payments payable for Residential Care including payments of daily fees for care services or fees for additional services.
- To claim the Offer, by the end of the Offer Period, Eligible Clients must commence living in and receiving Residential Care in a Residential Care Service operated by Uniting or must have commenced pre-entry leave at the Residential Care Service before starting to live at the Residential Care Service, as permitted under the Aged Care Act.
- The Offer is subject to the availability of Accommodation at any Uniting Residential Care Service during the Offer Period and Uniting cannot guarantee that Accommodation will be available to Eligible Clients at the time and place of their choosing.
- Eligible Clients are not entitled in any circumstances to priority access (including as defined in the Retirement Villages Act 1999 (NSW) and the Retirement Villages Act 2012 (ACT)) to Accommodation.
- Uniting reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of a person’s application and their status as an Eligible Client and to disqualify any person who submits an application that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, or who makes a false statement or who tampers with the application process. Errors and omissions will be accepted at the Uniting’s discretion. Failure by Uniting to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- If this Offer is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Uniting, Uniting reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law to disqualify any Eligible Client or to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Offer, as appropriate.
- Any cost associated with entering this Offer is the applicant’s responsibility. Applicants are encouraged to seek their own independent financial advice with respect to the impact that participating in the Offer may have for their own financial circumstances.
- Uniting (including its officers, employees and agents) is not liable in any circumstances for any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity) however arising, whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising out of or in connection with the Offer.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to exclude, restrict or modify the operation of the:
- Aged Care Act (including any person’s rights under the Aged Care Act);
- Retirement Villages Act 1999 (NSW);
- Retirement Villages Act 2012 (ACT); or
- Any consumer rights under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) or any other legislation which may not be excluded, restricted or modified by agreement.
- Definitions used in this Offer
- Accommodation means a bed or room within a Residential Care Service operated by Uniting.
- Advertised Accommodation Price means the price advertised by Uniting for specific Accommodation in accordance with the Aged Care Act.
- Accommodation Payment has the meaning given in the Aged Care Act and is payable as either a refundable lump sum (known as a Refundable Accommodation Payment or RAD) or daily payment (known as a Daily Accommodation Payment or DAP).
- Aged Care Act means the Aged Care Act 1997 (Cth) as amended from time to time and includes all regulations, Principles and Determinations made under it.
- Residential Care has the meaning given in the Aged Care Act.
- Residential Care Service has the meaning given in the Aged Care Act.
- Uniting means Uniting NSW. ACT an institution of the Uniting Church of Australia.