Support for separating parents
New Families Post Separation Parenting Program
New Families is aimed at providing parents with the knowledge and skills they need to support and enhance their children’s adjustment following separation.
Meeting with a practitioner weekly for 2 hours per session over the course of six weeks, New Families will help you:
- Recognise your child’s emotional and behavioural responses to the separation and ways you can support them.
- Understand the process of separation.
- Learn the 'how-to' of post separation parenting.
- Utilise more effective parenting skills across households.
- Identify and assist in meeting the changing needs of your child.
- Identify and explore how your reactions as a parent affect your child’s adjustment to the separation.
- Explore ways you can reduce conflict.
Get in touch
New Families is offered at most of our locations. If you are interested in speaking to our customer service team ring 1800 864 846 or email email@example.com.
Our customer service team is available from Monday – Friday, 8.00am – 6.00pm AEST.
Campbelltown (including Campbelltown Family Relationship Centre)
(02) 4629 7000(02) 4629 7000
Email Uniting Counselling and Mediation Campbelltown
(02) 8830 0700(02) 8830 0700
Email Uniting Counselling and Mediation Parramatta
Wollongong (including Wollongong Family Relationship Centre)
(02) 4220 1100(02) 4220 1100
Email Uniting Counselling and Mediation Wollongong