Groups for young people
STORMS is a group for high school aged young people whose parents have separated.
The focus of STORMS is on the impacts of parental conflict post-separation and the developmental needs of adolescents. The group is specifically for high-school aged children, in particular years 7 to 9 with a view to addressing the impacts of parental conflict in a post separation context.
The group provides young people the opportunity to:
- Have a safe space to talk about and explore the issues and impacts around parental conflict.
- Draw upon their individual strengths and abilities to build the foundations for stronger self-confidence, self-esteem, resilience and healthier relationships.
- Access peer relationships to grow and strengthen social support networks.
- Understand their feelings, needs, hopes, and strengths.
- Find safe strategies for coping and building resilience.
- Disengage from parental conflict and loyalty binds.
When is the next group
STORMS runs regularly in various locations. Contact us to find out more.
Get in touch
Contact one of our counselling and mediation offices.
Campbelltown (including Campbelltown Family Relationship Centre)
(02) 4629 7000(02) 4629 7000
Email Uniting Counselling and Mediation Campbelltown
(02) 8830 0700(02) 8830 0700
Email Uniting Counselling and Mediation Parramatta
Wollongong (including Wollongong Family Relationship Centre)
(02) 4220 1100(02) 4220 1100
Email Uniting Counselling and Mediation Wollongong