Live an independent life
Moving into and living in your own home is an exciting adventure. Sometimes you need a little help to:
- Find the right place to live
- Learn to look after yourself
- Build your confidence so you can keep your independence.
If your goal is to live independently, we can help.
Whether you’ve been living in boarding houses or with your family, or you just need a bit more help than you already have, we offer drop-in support and a range of practical solutions to help gain or keep your independence.
We can provide help to:
- Access your community and build new skills
- Manage daily living tasks more easily.
Re-establish or sustain good relationships with family and friends; if you don’t have a support network now then we will work with you to build one. You can decide to involve your family or friends in planning and building your supports if you want - it’s up to you.
Find a shared space
If you decide you’d prefer to live in a shared environment or you need a higher level of support than you have in the past, we can help with that too.
In our supported living accommodation you have the option to live in a residential setting, with support available 24 hours a day, 7 days per week.
We’ll work with you to:
- Find your own private space within a shared residential setting
- Maintain and increase your independence and participate more fully in your community
- Source any extra assistance you need for day-to-day tasks, such as attending appointments, taking medication and looking after yourself
- Build and sustain the relationships that matter to you.
We work alongside you to understand what you want from your life, and how to get things working well for you.
After years going from boarding house to boarding house, Jeff discovered Uniting. He wanted to live more independently and now he is enjoying the freedom of looking after his own place and being part of the Uniting family.
Get in touch
Our customer service team is available from Monday – Friday, 8.00am – 6.00pm AEST.