Support for Aboriginal people
Valuing you, your family and Aboriginal culture
Your disability is only one part of who you are. As a proud Aboriginal person, your culture stands for so much more.
At Uniting, your culture comes first because we know the services you use and value the most will be the services that respect who you are and reflect your cultural needs.
You get top quality disability services that fit in with your daily life and routine as well as your family. It’s part of our promise to you.
Help for families when you need it
If you’re caring for a child with a disability, you might face challenges at home that put extra pressure on you and the family. As a carer, your loved ones look to you and rely on you. Your wellbeing is important to everyone.
When things get too hard, we can help.
Our crisis services can kick in quickly to create a safe, happier home, where you can stay together, no matter what’s going on.
Short-term family support
If one of your children has a disability and is aged 0-18 years, you can get short term flexible services to help manage:
- High stress levels within the family
- Risks that could lead to your child being placed in care
- Family relationships that are at risk of breaking down
- Your child’s needs inside the home
You’ll have us alongside you, helping you to:
- Get the best services under NDIS, including service coordination.
- Resolve family difficulties.
- Promote understanding of all your child’s needs now, at this time in their life.
- Create a safe and nurturing home life.
- Develop community and recreational networks.
- Help your child change schools and get through their education.
- Manage challenging situations, relationships or behaviors.
- Look after yourself and your family with the right services in place.
Your services across the State
For Aboriginal people with a disability (9-64 years), Ability Links helps communities to be more welcoming and inclusive of people with a disability, their families and carers.
Find them here
Services and referrals for Aboriginal children with a disability (0-8 years) and their families, to arrange and get early diagnoses.
Find them here
- Baulkham Hills
- Blue Mountains
Get in touch
Our customer service team is available from Monday – Friday, 8.00am – 6.00pm AEST.