Who can foster
What we look for
At Uniting, we believe the most important qualities for a carer are patience, understanding and flexibility.
We celebrate diversity and welcome applications from all people regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Let’s talk about you
- You could be single, married, with or without children, in a de-facto or same-sex relationship, or divorced
- You could be renting, buying or owning your home, working (full or part-time) or not working
- You live in the areas of Sydney, Far West NSW or the Mid North Coast of NSW.
The important questions
- Can you provide a secure, stable, caring and safe home environment?
- Are you over 18 years of age?
- Are you an Australian citizen or permanent resident?
- Are you willing to participate in training?
- Are you willing to undergo background checks (i.e. Criminal Record Check, Working with Children Check)?
- Are you in reasonable health?
- Can you demonstrate a commitment to the special responsibilities involved in taking a child into your care?
If you answered yes to the above questions, you may be the carer we are looking for.
Get in touch
We'd love to hear from you.
Our customer service team is available from Monday – Friday, 8.00am – 6.00pm AEST.
Call us on 1800 864 846 (1800 UNITING) or email firstname.lastname@example.org