Specialist support for children and young people
Make choices simpler
If you care for a child who has a disability, you know how many decisions there are to make on a regular basis. Making the right choices for your child can be challenging and confusing.
A little extra support is a welcome relief at particular times in your child’s development journey – such as critical milestones like starting school or transitioning from primary to high school.
We’re here to help.
You tell us about your needs and we will work with you and your loved ones to build your support network and skills.
If you care for a child or young person with a primary diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder, who has challenging behaviour and is at risk of school suspension or expulsion, we can also provide you with specialised support.
How we can help
We can help you with:
- Developing a comprehensive plan that links behaviour support strategies for the family, at school and in the community
- Sourcing additional behaviour support for schools and families where behaviours of concern are threatening the school placement
- Supporting an active, collaborative approach between school, family and other specialists, including special educators, physiotherapy, occupational therapy (OT) and speech therapy
- Access to specialist services for the family, including financial support to obtain these services
- Advocating for you when you need extra support
- School holiday activities
- Social skills programs tailored to meet an individual's needs
- Young people at risk of suspension or expulsion.
Malcolm has Autism and was getting into trouble at school for being disruptive in class. With the help of his Uniting support consultant, Malcolm is now happier and more engaged at school. Malcolm has made many new friends and would like to become an anti-bullying campaigner.
Get in touch
Our customer service team is available from Monday – Friday, 8.00am – 6.00pm AEST.
Get in touch
With independent living communities all across NSW and the ACT, Uniting makes it easy to find a home that suits your lifestyle, and allows you to stay close to family and friends.
No pre-assessment is required before applying,
Call us on 1800 864 846 (1800 UNITING).
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send us an email by completing the form below.