Therapy intervention and support
Supporting children and young people
Children change and as they do, their needs change too. If you are concerned about your child’s learning and involvement in everyday living, you might want support and advice that helps you build their opportunities to grow and develop. We will work with you to get the support and therapy you need.
As a parent, you know how well your child is doing and if they would benefit from assistance with:
|Learning and growth|| |
|Socialising and fun|| |
|Being themselves|| |
If so, we can help in several ways. We can:
- Work with you, your child and your family, from birth to 18 years
- Help identify your child’s needs through our assessment services
- Come to you so everything happens in your natural environment
- Create a team that will support your child as they progress
- Make the process easy by providing you with a single point of contact
- Provide you with the specialist supports you may already have funding for, including NDIS specialist support and transdisciplinary early intervention support.
Your Key Worker
You and your child will have a dedicated person to help you access and coordinate support as it is needed. This person is called your Key Worker and it is their role to ensure:
- Your child has the knowledge and expertise you need from within the team
- The services provided will successfully integrate with other supports in place
- Services are consistent and deliver the greatest benefit to your child and family.
We have Key Workers with skills, experience and backgrounds in Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Speech Therapy and Early Childhood Education.
We come to you
We can come to you. It’s easy, just ask for our mobile service and we’ll organise the rest. Familiar surroundings, where your child spends most of their time are always best. We can meet at your home, child care/preschool, school or other community location of your choice.
Uniting is dedicated to giving your child the best start possible. We are a registered provider with:
- The NDIS
- Better Start
- Helping Children with Autism.
We also have practitioners who are registered for Medicare rebates (under Disability Treatment Plans) and private health insurance extras. Please let us know if you have any concerns about the costs. We keep our fees as low as possible and give you high quality, high value services, no matter how they are funded. We’re here to help, so will talk you through it.
Get in touch
Our customer service team is available from Monday – Friday, 8.00am – 6.00pm AEST.
Please note, on the Australia Day public holiday our customer service operating hours will be reduced, normal hours will resume on Monday 29 January.
- 26 Jan – Open 10.00am–2.00pm
If you already use another Uniting service or are linked to another organisation, you can ask them to contact us on your behalf. We then get things moving fast so you can access the services you need now.
If you are a health or education professional, we welcome enquiries and joint requests for our services from you and the family you are working with.