Home and garden help
Living at home made easier and safer
We can help make your home safer and easier to live in, so you can keep living there happily. Our staff will listen and work with you to meet your needs.
We provide home maintenance services and help with home modifications for:
- older people
- people who are living with a disability
- loved ones who provide care to older people or people with disabilities
All our services are provided by qualified professionals.
How we can help
Home modifications are minor adjustments that can be made to your home or garden to make it safer, more accessible and easier to use, including:
- installing grab rails and hand-held showers
- widening doorways
- correcting bench heights
- fitting lever handle taps
- installing ramps and step wedges
- changing your bathroom to suit your needs
- making general safety modifications
- installing raised garden beds
Home maintenance work helps with improving safety at home and making it easier to get around. It’s those little jobs that help keep your home in good working order and hassle-free, including:
- repairs to doors, cupboards, windows and floors
- fixing fences and gates
- repairs to damaged stairs or cracked paths
- fixing plumbing problems such as repairs to taps or toilet cisterns
- electrical repairs, such as changing light globes and faulty power points
Gardening and lawn mowing
We can help keep your garden looking neat and tidy with services including:
- lawn mowing
- changing your current garden so it’s easier to maintain and enjoy
- one-off yard clean-ups
Building and maintenance advice
Get tips on how we can assist with maintaining your home so that you can continue to live there independently.
We can also refer you to other agencies if you need extra assistance that can’t be provided by Uniting.
Federal Government funding helps Uniting provide cost-effective services to older people, people who are living with a disability and carers of older people and people with disabilities. As a not-for-profit provider, we can also offer discounts on a fee-for-service basis to older people who do not meet the government funding criteria.
We’re here to help. Call us to book in a free home assessment so we can provide you with a no obligation quote for the services you are interested in.
Your personal situation will be taken into consideration in the quote and a member of our friendly team will be there for you every step of the way.
Get in touch
Call our Home and Community Care team on 1800 486 484:
- Monday to Friday, 7.00am–8.00pm
- Saturday, 7.00am–3.00pm
- Sunday, 10.00am–6.00pm
For more general inquires call our Customer Service team on 1800 864 846
Our customer service team is available from Monday – Friday, 8.00am – 6.00pm AEST. On Monday 28 January (Australia Day Public Holiday) our customer service team will be available 9.00am – 5.00pm AEST.