A safe pair of hands
Sometimes when you’re living independently at home, it’s good to know you can call on someone when you need it; which is where our friendly, professional nurses comes in.
Our nursing services can provide you with a nurse to help in a variety of ways, for example:
- Nursing care
- Organising your medication
- Health checks
- Having a shower, getting dressed and looking after yourself
- Looking after wounds to promote healing
- Support with continence management
- Looking after chronic health issues
- Palliative care
Am I eligible?
Uniting DVA Nursing is available to older people who are Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) Gold or White Card holders, have a disability, chronic illness, have been discharged early from hospital, or are insurance recipients.
How much does it cost?
DVA Gold and White Card holders have their fees fully covered by the Department of Veterans’ Affairs, so you don’t have to pay anything.
How to get started
If you would like to access this service, simply follow these easy steps:
- Call Uniting on 1800 864 846 and our team will talk about the next steps. Our lines are open Monday to Friday between 8.00am and 6.00pm.
- We’ll set up a time to talk with you about your needs and develop a personalised plan to help you continue to live at home happily and safely. Once this is in place, your services will start.